The Bookwallah Organization compiled list of questions and answered them to the best of our ability. Please review these questions and our responses. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
- How can I learn more about Bookwallah Organization? Our website contains the most information. As we develop as an organization, we will be creating newsletters with monthly updates on our activities. Please feel free to sign up for these newsletters at Stay Informed .
What is Bookwallah Organization’s story and background?
Bookwallah has a simple story that grew from an idea and a passion. Founder Seena Jacob conceived the idea of the Bookwallah Organization in 2009 with her desire to spread the joy of reading to children of orphanages in developing nations across the globe. Partnering with her two co-founders, G. Riley Mills and Ranjeet Nambiar, the team visited several orphanages near the outskirts of Mumbai and Pune, India. They quickly discovered that many of these orphanages did not have adequate resources and proper funding to establish libraries for their children. However, there was clearly a need and desire. The team soon witnessed firsthand the joy and appreciation that spread across each child’s face after receiving the small gift of a book.
To date, we have piloted projects or begun the prescreening process of orphanages in India, Jamaica, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia.
- Is Bookwallah Oganization an official 501(c)(3) charity? Bookwallah Organization became an official 501(c)(3) charity in May 2010.
- Is Bookwallah Organization affiliated with a religious or government organization? No. We are non-denominational and will remain that way.
- Why should I care about supporting other countries? Why give internationally? There are many reasons to do so. The world is becoming an increasingly globally connected place. We have experienced and realized this connection during the economic recession of recent times. What happens in one country can affect what happens to us. From a donation perspective, our money can yield a great impact in some of the poorer, developing countries. More people’s lives can improve with a relatively small amount of money. International giving is also one of the most rewarding things an individual can do.
- How do I stay updated with Bookwallah Organization’s activities? You can see our updates on our website. We are also increasingly going to have a presence on Facebook and other social media sites. You can sign up for our newsletters at Stay Informed .
- How can I help? Thank you for your interest! We need funds, books, and volunteers to succeed with our vision and mission. The best way to donate either is to click on Donate which will take you to Donate Books or Donate Funds. Get Involved section of the website will also provide you with additional ways to help.
- Are my donations tax deductible? Thank you for your support! Bookwallah Organization is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax deductible.